I can't walk away from a good challenge. My friend, Erica, has put forth her annual "25 Days of Blogging" challenge, and since I noticed that I've inadvertently taken a six month blogging sabbatical, I'm jumping in.
When do we, as adults, transform from free-loving spirits to rule-driven fun police? Is it the day we become parents and realize that our role in the world has changed? Why do we feel like we have to be in control?
With the rain today, I caught myself telling Kendall to stop splashing in the puddles. Seriously, what harm is done by allowing my little sprite to test the laws of physics and water displacement? Sure, she got her shoes wet and, yes, the bottoms of her pants were a bit muddy. But she had a ball and I learned to relax a little bit . . . right after I went in to get her super cute rain boots, slicker and matching umbrella!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whoohoo!
Post a Comment