Monday, June 8, 2009

Perspective

Do you ever have those days as a parent where your children can make you feel about as big as a gnat . . . and justifiably so? Last night, after a VERY active day at the Texas State Aquarium and the beach in Corpus Christi, I finally laid down next to Kendall in an effort to get her to go to sleep.

As she cuddled up next to me, she started in on what I thought would be a long litany of questions or commentary to procrastinate from her impending slumber.

"Mommy?" she said.

"Yes, Kendall?" I replied, getting my stern voice ready to shush her.

"Thank you for taking me to the beach and the aquarium today. It was so much fun!" And with that . . . she was snoozing away.

You're welcome, sweet girl! Thanks for reminding me to take a little time to slow down and keep things in perspective.



No comments: